All Yarn, All the Time

Thursday, May 17, 2007

a couple things




I haven't felt much like blogging in the past week, but thought I should post this picture of a scarf I made for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. I think she liked :o) I made the same pattern I made for my mom, but with a completely different result. I used 2 skeins of the Great Adirondack Sequins .


I'm also posting the Nashua Knits North American Designer Collection No. 4 Surplice Lace Top I just finished, but I realized after I took the picture that I really needed a camisole, so I've edited the picture to add one (and of course wore one when I debuted the top in public). I would have taken a flat picture, but it looks so much better on. I used 11 skeins of Jaeger Albany, a mercerized cotton tape-like yarn that knit up beautifully for this. Of course if you want it, it's been discontinued, sorry. I used the yarn from my stash like a good girl. :o)

I might make another one, I like this little pattern so much. It was a quiet, fairly mindless knit and the only change I made was to make the decreases for neck and sleeve fully fashioned - I think it looks a little better that way on this piece. Oh, and I added an extra repeat of the lace for additional length since I'm a tall girl.


5 Comments:

  • Your sweater looks better than the actual picture in the pattern. ... And it looks beautiful!!! I was so happy to see it in person. Love the scarf too... the sequins are really a fun knit... aren't they?
    Beth M.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:07 PM  

  • Ooh, that is a pretty sweater - very nice!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 AM  

  • Beautiful lace top! I just finished one of those, too. It was a real fun knit--I'd like to knit another one in a wool/cotton blend, leave the sleeves off, and make it a wintertime vest.

    By Blogger Katie, at 9:44 PM  

  • Love that scarf! I just finished my Surplice Lace Top too. I'm glad to see that it looks great in other yarns too. Like you I'm tempted to make another one.

    Now your "cami" on the other hand LOL. I was cracking up when I saw it.

    By Blogger Delana, at 9:52 AM  

  • Great job!! I've been looking at that sweater for the past hour on ravelry, trying to decide if I want to pay $15 for a pattern book that might have only one pattern in it that I want to make. Did you find anything else irresistable in #4?

    sandeleh@sbcglobal.net

    By Blogger Sande Francis, at 2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home