All Yarn, All the Time

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Blankie Tee


Shown here with Elise's caterpillar (nylons filled with dirt and grass seed!) from Kindergarten Enrichment Day last week.


For my final entry in the Project Spectrum 2.0 for February/March (blue, grey, white) I finished up this little number I call the Blankie Tee shirt.

Pattern: mine, simple top-down raglan
Yarn: Crayon from knitpicks.com (leftover from this blankie last April!)
Needles: Addi turbo circs US size 6
Notes: I started this sweater in the fall 2006 and then abandoned it for lack of warm weather. I picked it up a couple days ago and finished weaving in the ends this morning. The stripes are a Fibonacci sequence 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13.




The back of the sweater.


I like the softness of this yarn (Elise calls it "a blankie I can wear!!") and I still have a bunch of blue left. I may make Emily a t-shirt out of it. It's not the nicest to work with - the boucle - they call it frisee, whatever that is - is snaggy and not stretchy like wool, but as I said it is very soft and I know from making the blanket that it washes and dries beautifully. After I bought this yarn, they came out with better colors, but it'll do.



on Elise. The fit is nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home