All Yarn, All the Time

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

How do you know it's a good day?

1. The sun is shining and it's warm enough to hang your freshly washed yarn out to dry in the shade of the front porch. I finally washed the "Pistachio" so it'll be ready to knit!
2. It's even warm enough to bring the wheel onto the front porch so I can keep an eye on the girls playing while I practice spinning. I bought this unnamed wool specifically for practice purposes, but now that I'm spinning it I'm really starting to like it. I might even try plying it with some lace-weight pale blue silk to see what happens.

3. It is definitely a good when you get wool in the mail. This is some "Sunny Day" wool roving from Cider Moon, and Gail (a.k.a The Enabler) also included some superwash roving and yarn samples along with a nice handwritten note. Thank you, Gail! By the way, Emily thought it was Square Pants colorway, but I think it's close enough. Mom is going to make herself some sock yarn!

Of course, all of this was yesterday, and I was too busy enjoying it to post. I did some more spinning this morning and started knitting the hooded capelet from Loop-d-Loop by Teva Durham, the child's version, for Elise during her dance practice this afternoon. I'm using that pinky-magenta yarn that I spun in January double-stranded and am hoping I'll have enough. It's drying next to the pistachio in the first picture. Gosh my spinning has improved a lot!! Yes, I know I have a bunch of stuff on the needles, but I don't want to get a bunch of handspun piled up and unknit. Really.

1 Comments:

  • Love the yarn. You're doing a great job. Now you have to re-teach me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home