All Yarn, All the Time

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

happy you-know-what day


Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.
Yarn: Louet Pearl, baby willow 100% merino
Needles: 0 US
Modifications: just the heel, done in the usual slip stitch heel flap rather than plain stocking stitch.
Experience: These were fun and quick! I got half way through the first one and realized they would be perfect for my mom, so I made them to fit her little feet. I will be making another pair for myself, possibly soon!

We are currently enduring our 5th "calamity day" (used to be called snow days) in the last 8 school days. I am so done with snow days, but this storm was really bad. Here's Elise and the girl next door enjoying a little slide.

Here also is a close-up of the Leaf Lace Shawl in my handspun. The Cider Moon girls are keeping back a bag of this colorway for me so I can finish the project. I'm very proud of myself. :o) Color is a little off, but you get the idea. I've also spun a teensy bit of the ingeo, but it's very difficult and I haven't had too much time to work on it. Very soft and silky, though.

1 Comments:

  • Love your knitting and spinning. Did Elise tell you about the book we're going to read when she gets a little older?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home