All Yarn, All the Time

Friday, January 05, 2007

presents presented





This year was a little different for me as I refrained from forcing my knitting on all of my friends and family as gifts. I did knit teacher gifts out of mohair, the little Airy Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (one of my favorite resources!) The pink ones are made from some slightly sparkly mohair I got from Kay, and the white from Kid Silk Night that I finished my Icarus shawl with.

The stockings are made from Paton's Classic Wool, for my sister-in-law Laura and her husband Mike. I made a little prototype first,shown below prefelted and felted, and then just made the real thing like a really big sock. :o) They seemed to like them.

Not technically a gift, but knit to fit her little hands are the Hot Mitts for Emily made from hot pink and orange and black Dale Falk. This is my own pattern, another experiment in color work. I used a cabled 2 color ribbing from knitting on the edge, and the snowflake motif is from knitting over the edge, I think - not sure, it had to go back to the library.

Finally, here is picture of the yarn I dyed for Kay's birthday, and from which she made her pedicure socks. I'm particularly pleased with the way this turned out.

2 Comments:

  • Loved all your knitting projects...
    YOU MUST start the sock club of the month from your wonderful dyed yarn! You have a whole group who would join. No pressure... :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:49 PM  

  • You are just so talented and I'm jealous! Count me in for the yet to be organized sock of the month club.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home