All Yarn, All the Time

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Rejected, but Not Dejected :o)

Remember back at the beginning of summer when I was submitting stuff to Debbie Stoller for her next SnB book? Well, I finally got my rejection letter. Very personalized, too, addressed to Dear MY LAST NAME IN ALL CAPS. Whatever. Anyway, here are some of the glamour shots of Emily in her Cucumber Cool top that I submitted, and if you are interested in the pattern I will get it together for you. Yes, Vicki, I know I was supposed to that before, but I'm busy! ;o)

The yarn is just that coned cotton stuff that I dyed myself, about 200 yards for this project. It's a simple lace body with seed stitch top and straps. Very cute, I think.




This other is really just an over-grown swatch that I made into a halter top. I'm not at all surprised this wasn't chosen, but I still think it's pretty cool. Made out of TLC Cotton Plus, which was actually pretty nice to work with. Modeled here by the Elise.


I'm finishing up the collar on the yoke sweater for Em, and got the yarn to complete Roger's other glove so I'll be working on those things. Then back to the drawing board, I guess!! Thanks for looking!

6 Comments:

  • I think they're both really cute. Too bad there are only so many pages in a book.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 5:52 PM  

  • Thanks, Ashley. I love having little people to knit for...everything looks really cute on them and it doesn't take forever to make stuff in their little sizes!

    By Blogger Julie, at 10:44 PM  

  • I think both tops are really cute. That author just doesn't have the good taste in knitted- wear that your friends have!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 PM  

  • I agree!! I think both tops are great. I think you should write your OWN BOOK! You're talented and have lots of great ideas and patterns. You don't need to submit them to anyone... write your own book. Besides ... we'll all want copies!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:47 PM  

  • Thanks for your supportive comments, ladies, I appreciate it. :o) I'm not discouraged by this experience, but Beth, I don't think I'll be writing a book anytime soon! You know by reading my blog that prose is not my strength!

    By Blogger Julie, at 8:25 PM  

  • ok... how about a knitting 'journal' ?? We love 'ouhhing' and 'ahhing' over your work. We'd love to see them all. Hey... how about one of your scrapbook 'books' like you did for your vacation?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home