All Yarn, All the Time

Monday, September 18, 2006

Shoalwater Completed and more

Here is the blocked out Shoalwater Shawl I finished last Tuesday, posing on the bay window for dramatic effect. I love the way it turned out and despite an (obvious to me) mistake, I love it.

Yarn: Henry's Attic Kona Superwash Fingering weight, dyed by me with Procion MX aquamarine and pale aqua.
Pattern: Shoalwater Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark, from Fibertrends
Needles: US size 7 bamboo circs
Modifications: none. I had thought I might not do the i-cord finish on the top of the shawl as it seemed a little superfluous on top of the 3-stitch garter edge, but decided to do it because the waviness of the Old Shale pattern needed a firmer finish. Of course I should know that Ms. Clark would know what she's doing!! I loved the picot edge, and I love the way it turned out with my dye job. The yarn is very soft as well with a lovely drape.



Here are a couple of pictures of WIP's (works in progress):
Sweater for Emily, out of Elann.com Peruvian Highland Chunky 100% wool from stash (not currently available, I bought this in January 05). I purchased it with the intention of making her this sweater from Patons, but decided I wasn't thrilled with the pattern and am making this my own with ideas from The Best of Lopi from the library. Now that I'm into it, I think they all look very similar and I could have saved myself some Math from just doing the original pattern. Another learning experience, eh?

This is the first (unblocked) of the gloves I'm making for Roger. Note the smoke tire tread pattern that matches his tattoo? He actually made the chart for this, and is very happy with this first one. I had to order more yarn because I used more than half of the ball of the brown-grey heather and didn't want to mess with the dye lots not matching. I don't care if the whole glove doesn't match the first exactly but I don't want the fingers on the same glove not to match. Not much of a perfectionist, am I?

1 Comments:

  • Your shawl is to die for. It's so gorgeous! You do such nice work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home