All Yarn, All the Time

Friday, September 01, 2006

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend Shawl

Here is my latest finished item, the Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend Shawl from Goddess Knits.



Pattern: Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend July 2006 Bo Peep Shawl Club pattern
Yarn: Jaggerspun Maine Line in Claret, a nice fingering weight wool
Needles: Addi Turbo US size 5
Modifications and notes: Because this is a club, we have an associated discussion group. Several of the group members, including a good friend of mine had much trouble with the diamond edging, even with the corrected chart. Some of them also ran out of yarn before completing the border(scary!!). To avoid any unnecessary hassles (too busy/not interested in working out the issues), I just put a loopy crochet border on it, which I think turned out great. I do not think I would have run out of yarn, but eh, I wouldn't have wanted to have had to do it over if I did run out. Otherwise, I did find a couple errors in the pattern as did other club members, so I'm hoping that the next shawl kit which is due in October will not have any of these little problems. :o) Oh, and for sizing reference, I am 5'9" tall.

I love the color of this yarn, and it was very nice to work with. You can see from the pictures below that it blocked like a dream. We have had much rain and clouds the last few days, so I can't get a picture to show how rich and deep the color is, but maybe another time. I wore the shawl this morning to my LYS, and was very pleased and flattered by all the compliments I received. I think it really is a beautiful pattern.

3 Comments:

  • It is absolutely the prettiest shawl I've seen. And yes... the crocheted edge works well with it. I'm sooooo glad you wore it today... I LOVE IT! The color is so rich and beautiful. You do such wonderful work with lace... I'm in awe! Great job!
    Thanks for the details too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:20 PM  

  • thank you, Beth. I'm quite pleased with it, although I would have liked to do the real diamond edging. No patience here, unfortunately. ;o)

    Oh, and I forgot to mention how nice and warm it is.

    By Blogger Julie, at 4:25 PM  

  • It looks beautiful, thanks to your great knitting and MY PHOTOGRAPHY!!
    No joke it just love it an it looks reall hard to do.

    By Blogger auntgerry, at 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home