All Yarn, All the Time

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Blue lace June


I guess the Stanley Cup Finals were good for finishing blue lace sweaters, right Lolly? I finished this during the games except for the closure, which I cannot decide on - I'm thinking just some small middle buttons and skip the leather tie through the center as suggested in the pattern. I seem to be having trouble with my pictures, so please bear with the sidewise shots.

Pattern: this garnstudio pattern
Yarn: Skacel Riviera, Navy color, cotton/linen/rayon blend
US 6 bamboo circular needles
size made was the XL, and for reference I'm 5'9"
Modifications: I knit the sleeves flat instead of in the round because I was carrying them around to finish and didn't want to fiddle with DPs. I was also planning to make them open at the bottom, and made them quite a bit longer for the flow-y effect, but now that it's together I'm not so sure. Will have to wear this baby to determine it's final form.

Verdict? I love the yarn, although it is splitty and very, very linty - not terrific on a white background. It might make a quick trip through the dryer to de-lint. It blocked beautifully, and didn't bleed too much when washed in Eucalan. The pattern was very easy, and I love the effect of this simple lace with the texture of the yarn.


You can see the sleeve detail and the back in these pictures.


Thanks for looking! Oh, and I finished the patterns I was submitting, so I'll be starting on something new soon. I'm working on some more socks right now, can't seem to finish any that I've started, and they might get "reassigned".

3 Comments:

  • This is so lovely. You knitted this up so quickly too! I love how the sleeves are split and how it flows. You look beautiful in it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:02 PM  

  • Thank you, Beth, you always have something nice to say! It wasn't as quick as you think because I started and almost finished the body way back in April? although when I picked it back up it only took a couple days to make the sleeves and sew it up. I'm pretty happy with it...and if I hadn't put it down it probably would have been fast, like 1-2 weeks.

    By Blogger Julie, at 5:34 PM  

  • That is to die for. The "perkettes" show it off beautifully.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home