All Yarn, All the Time

Monday, May 22, 2006

Flower Basket Shawl


Pretty, yes?

pattern: Flower Basket Shawl, Evelyn A. Clark
yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr Wool-Silk, magenta. 2 - 2 oz. balls double-stranded
time: about 9 days knitting off and on
modifications? just made it ~maybe~ 11 repeats instead of the 7 suggested.
I blocked this with blocking wires overnight.

I love this zephyr - it is, in my opinion, the nicest shawl yarn ever. The silk makes the fabric drape just wonderfully, and the yarn just glides through your hands. I cannot say enough good things about it. The pictures of the finished shawl show the truest color.

The pattern is super-easy to memorize, and knit up very quickly with the double-stranded yarn. I would probably like it with this yarn single-stranded for a different look. There really isn't anything very tricky about this pattern, and the instructions are well written and charted, so I would confidently recommend this one for a first-time-lace-knitter shawl.


The following pictures include blocked detail, unblocked detail, unblocked view with the 8 grams of yarn that I had left, out of the about 100 I started with
.







In other news, during my recovery I've kind of had Knitting ADD. I have ripped Emily's green thing 3 or 4 times, trying different patterns with it. I may have a winner, and I will post a picture when I get it going. The gorgeous Pomatomus socks? I did 1.5 repeats and had to rip them all the way back due to an error. I haven't restarted them yet, but I will. I like this pattern very much. I also started this Heirloom Shawl(scroll down) in black Jaggerspun zephyr, but have stalled after the 1st chart was completed. Either I'm still messed up from surgery, or the pattern is very poorly written because I'm having a heck of a time following it. I'm sure it's the pattern's fault.

Back to the needles!

2 Comments:

  • It's good to see you back in the swing of things!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 PM  

  • Your shawl is absolutely gorgious!!! I love it!! Glad to hear you're back 'in the swing of things' again. See you soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home