All Yarn, All the Time

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Catching up

I keep trying to get "caught up" with my projects. As if. No matter what I do, I keep getting sidetracked so that when I finish one thing, it seems like I have 2 more on the needles. I'm really trying to be better about it, but oh man, the yarns are so pretty!! I think part of my problem is that since I cannot stop buying yarn, or even if I'm not buying it I shop my stash, and I'm constantly swatching something new. You know, just to see what the yarn wants to be if I don't have something specific in mind? I guess it could be worse - I have heard of people who don't actually finish anything.

I set aside the navy sweater, and am just finishing the toe of the first simply lovely lace sock. I am going to try to finish the other sock by the end of next week...we'll see. The Lorna's laces is lovely to work with, but horror of horrors! there was a knot right at the finish of the gusset shaping. And I left it. I will have to see what I might do with it later if it turns out to bother me, and I must say that I'm very disappointed that this premium sock yarn that I've never splurged on before would have a knot. In the middle. I know I should have taken it out, but sometimes you don't always do what you should. I'll keep you posted. The next ball better not have any problems...


Here's a picture of the bags in the sunlight this morning. Not a huge difference, but maybe you can see the colors a little better.

And yea! Tomorrow is Friday, and I'll try to get to KM in the morning for a little knitting, then my work out, and then in the afternoon I have my pre-op physical! The countdown is on!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home