All Yarn, All the Time

Friday, April 14, 2006

my little companion has a baby!



Emily loved my little companion bag so much that she wanted to make one for herself. I thought it might be a little big, and found the teeny-tiny felted tote recipe (scroll down her page for the pdf link) and told Em I would test it out first. Well, I made it pretty much according to the plan, but sort of free-lanced the flap and used a crochet chain for the strap. I also impatiently put it in the dryer instead of waiting for it to dry on it's own. I think I'll wash it again to remove the rest of the stitch definition, and actually block it dry for better shaping. I like the way it used up most of my scraps, and I knit it in the afternoon yesterday mostly while walking around the neighborhood while the girls played outside. April project spectrum? Dig the Orange flower button!

On the shawl: I'm almost done. I finished the recommended rounds in the pattern but have quite a bit of yarn left, so I'm going to do about 6 more - I think that's all I can stand since I'm already over 500 stitches per round, and then do the little picot edge as described in the directions. .
Even unblocked you can see the star shape produced by my sweet hand-dyed colorway - I am particularly proud of this dyeing as it's my first of lace weight, and really, isn't it pretty cool? ;o)

2 Comments:

  • The baby companion bag is really cute. I wish I had a little girl grand daughter to make one for.

    By Blogger auntgerry, at 9:34 AM  

  • Thank you! I think it would make a good little bag for a grown up, too, so we are making them for teacher gifts.

    By Blogger Julie, at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home