All Yarn, All the Time

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

my little companion bag


Here is a before and after shot of my little companion. Note the orange for P.S. I started this project on Saturday night, and finished knitting the straps yesterday while walking around at the zoo with Elise. I think I'll like it. I used two skeins pink, and one each of the orange and green Lamb's Pride worsted weight, on US size 10.5 needles, with some left over and a good sized swatch I'm planning to use for an inside pocket. It took me 4 washing machine cycles to felt it to my satisfaction, and I think I would use larger needles next time. The striped pattern is based on the Fibonacci sequence, and I just used 2,3,5, and 8.

I also wanted to post a picture of my loot from KM from last weekend's anniversary celebration when I won a really big door prize: 6 luscious skeins of Wool in the Woods. Whee! I never win - and needless to say, I was practically drooling when I opened the bag.

I am still working on the socks and the starfish shawl, but getting closer to done on the shawl since it's a really easy walk-around project.

1 Comments:

  • That purse is too cute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home