All Yarn, All the Time

Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend Update

Another busy weekend here. The weather was great so there was a lot of playing outside. Elise got an attachment for my bike so we can all go riding together, shown here with Daddy:


Pretty cool, huh?




I am not going to make any sweaters or tops until I recover from my upcoming surgery, but I couldn't help swatching this sleeveless turtleneck from elann.com with some yellow (Project Spectrum April!) TLC cotton Plus. I have never worked with this yarn before, but I like the feel of it, although it was a little splitty casting on. We'll see how it goes when I really get into it.






I also finished knitting the other teacher gift bag, which will look like Emily's "littler companion", and they are both in the washer felting right now.









Finally, I completed this Lion Brand happy baby blanket that I started maybe 2 weeks ago?, made with 2 skeins light blue, and one each of lime and buttermilk Knitpicks Crayon. I used US size 9 bamboo circular needles, and the finished size after washing is about 26" square. It is shown below pre-washing, with a cameo by Beef. This yarn is incredibly soft (plus it was really linty while I was working with it!), and I was concerned about how it would hold up in the washer and dryer. I washed it in warm water, and it came out of the dryer even softer. I have plenty of left-overs since I over purchased, so I'm going to make a tee for Elise - I made a tentative pattern on the sweater wizard this morning for a top-down raglan v-neck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home