All Yarn, All the Time

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Wednesday Night SnB

As usual, we had a great group at our Delaware meeting. I'm so happy to have these women to share my yarn passion...even when I come feeling grumpy or sad, I always leave smiling and feeling much lighter.

I have finished the body and fronts of this cardigan that I'm making out of Skacel Riviera in navy. I figured that it didn't count toward my self-imposed sweater knitting prohibition because it's not really fitted. I love this yarn - it's cotton/linen/rayon/whatever and a nice, light, thick/thin, hard to describe textured yarn, perfect for warmer weather. This pattern comes from the Garnstudio free pattern database, which, if you haven't been there yet, you should make time to enjoy. And by make time I mean you will get lost in there, so make sure you don't have anything else to do for a while.

Here is a flash picture of the little mini-bags that I made as teacher gifts, plus Emily's rewashed for a firmer felting - I will try to get a sunshine pic tomorrow for better color representation. I like the way I finished the edges on the teacher bags with an i-cord bind-off rather than the bind-off method recommended in the pattern. I can't remember if I noted this before, but I used Kraemer Naturally Nazareth in I think spring and winter colorways. It felted beautifully, was easy to knit with and fairly soft. I will use it again.

Finally (and if I were a real blogger I would know how to keep my FO's in a separate place) here is a picture of my finished Hourglass sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I finished it this year, maybe a month or two ago? it was still cold enought to wear a couple times? and I've also included a detail picture. I know many people have made this, and it really is a quick, fun knit. The hems give it a nice finish. My only problem with the design was that the neckline was too loose, which I remedied with some light elastic sewn into the neck hem - works like a charm. I used Dalegarn Sisik in the jalepeno color, and the yarn is just yummy. I'm very happy with this, and hope that it will still fit.

2 Comments:

  • Your sweaters are beautiful!!! I saw your Hourglass sweater at KnitWits group and it is better than the picture! I love it. What a great 'fix' you made on the neckline... Can you tell me more details about the Delaware meetings? When, where, How?
    Thanks, B.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM  

  • Thank you for your kind comments, Beth, you are very sweet. I should be coming to KM in the morning so I can give you the details on the group then. Otherwise, you can find the group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SNB-Delaware/

    We meet every Wednesday night, 6:30 upstairs at the Mean Bean in downtown Delaware - all needleworkers are welcome any time!

    By Blogger Julie, at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home