All Yarn, All the Time

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Simply Lovely


Couldn't wait to post the finished socks!


Pattern: Simply Lovely Lace Socks from IK
Yarn: Lorna's Laces shepherd sock
Needles: US 2
Modifications: On the first sock since I was working on it intermittently, I accidentally decreased less than I should have on the gusset, which I didn't realize until I shaped the toe - oops! However, I liked the way it fit with 6 more stitches underneath, so I made the other sock the same way. Also, the first sock had some mistakes from just generally not paying attention, but not enough to want to rework it. I'm the kind of knitter who lives with her errors quite easily. :o)

I haven't blocked them yet, and I think they could use it. I liked working with this yarn, but again, I was dissapointed to have a knot in the first hank. I'm anxious to see how well it wears for as soft as it is.

Bonus: the socks are partly green, to go along with the May color for Project Spectrum!

8 Comments:

  • I love your socks... they are just gorgeous! I love the lace.
    You know... if you don't TELL people there are mistakes... we'd NEVER know! Some people put mistakes in their work on purpose... that way they can say they truely ARE handmade.
    We missed you last Friday... hope to see you soon.
    Cute dog too! Bows or 'no bows'

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM  

  • Love those socks! Really nice work.

    By Blogger auntgerry, at 6:42 PM  

  • You really are the Empress of all things KNITTED!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:01 PM  

  • Thank you for your compliments, girls. :o)

    By Blogger Julie, at 1:30 PM  

  • I was just looking for a lace sock pattern and here it is. Can you tell me which issue of IK this is in?????
    Love the Green!!!!

    By Blogger Lisa, at 8:59 PM  

  • Lisa, they are from Spring 2006 IK. A quick knit once you get the pattern established! See you Friday!

    By Blogger Julie, at 8:11 AM  

  • Love the socks. Love the lace. Say hi to the girls.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 PM  

  • Good luck on your surgery Julie. We'll be thinking of you

    By Blogger auntgerry, at 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home