All Yarn, All the Time

Monday, July 03, 2006

Broadripple Geisha







I couldn't wait until I finished them both to post a picture of the silliest sock I've made to date: the Broadripple with a geisha toe. I like it, and hope that Her Majesty the Sock Princess approves. And I also hope that I remember what I did so I can make the other one match! I think I could have made the 4-toe section smoother at the top, but I'm OK with it as is. I will post the yarn information etc. when I'm done with the pair.

5 Comments:

  • These are wild!!! I bet the Sock Princess has not made these yet. Better watch out! She'll want yours. Too cute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:20 PM  

  • These are too cute! I hope you'll share the pattern.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:40 PM  

  • How very cute. You've got to show me how to do that. You are too clever. I'll soon have to crown you Sock Princess II

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 PM  

  • Is this pattern from the 'Not Just *More* Socks' book?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 AM  

  • thank you for the compliments, the pattern is the broadripple sock from threadbare fiber arts that was posted on knitty.com, but with a split toe and non-stretchy yarn. http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer03/PATTbroadripple.html

    I didn't have actual directions for the toe, but just measured my big toe and estimated. :o) I'm hoping I can make the right one work too!

    By Blogger Julie, at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home