All Yarn, All the Time

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Emily's sweater and some unfinished stuff

I realized yesterday when I posted about my big win that I hadn't posted any of my knitting stuff for a little while. We have been very busy with school and dance and cello and soccer, and well, I just hadn't gotten around to posting a picture of Emily's finished sweater.

Yarn: Elann.com Peruvian Highland Chunky
Needles: I've forgotten since I didn't write it down immediately, but I'm thinkin' US 7 bamboo
Pattern: Loosely based on this pattern book from Paton's. I used some motifs from the Best of Lopi and then kinda when off on my own for the yoke. I'm sure it's someone's pattern...
Notes: I loved the way this yarn felt to knit up, and it blocked out beautifully for a nice even finish. The yarn is very soft, so when(if) it becomes available again I'm sure I'll come up with something I need it for. I have enough yarn left over for a matching hat and mittens, but am not ready to make those just yet. You can see the colors nicely in this picture and how well it blocked. I would like to have a picture of her wearing it because it really fits very well.

I also finished the toe up socks: and I'm pretty happy with them. They are softer since they've been washed and are comfortable to wear, but I think that unless I have to toe up for a specific pattern, I'll stick with cuff down. And yes, I have big feet.

I finished Roger's smoke tire tread gloves as well, but he's got them in his car so I couldn't photograph the finished pair. I really like the way they turned out, and it was fun getting his input on the design. I made them out of Paton's Kroy sock yarn for ease of care and durability.

So, what have I been working on? Well, I'm making snowflake socks from Magknits.com out of undyed knitpicks sock yarn, and some ribby socks for Roger out of -gasp!- Koigu. I'm also working on this absolutely gorgeous little girl sweater from the Fall 2006 Interweave issue: Little Majolica, for Elise. For some reason the pattern is written to be knit flat, but I couldn't stand doing the colorwork that way and ended up joining the first sleeve in the round just above the cuff. For the body I'm going to learn to steek and do that in the round as well, I just hate doing color while purling!

1 Comments:

  • Oh look! I came across your email in my inbox about Little Majolica from a few weeks back, and I wondered how yours was coming along, and here's an update! It looks great. I am going to opt for in the round when I get to the sleeves...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home