All Yarn, All the Time

Monday, January 08, 2007

Anemoi Mittens



Pattern: Anemoi mittens by Eunny Jang
Yarn: 1 ball Pure Camel from elann.com (not currently available) and 1 ball Paton's Kroy in navy for the contrast color.
Needles: US sizes 000 and 0. No lie.
Experience: I love this pattern and purchased it as soon as it was available. Eunny is just amazing, and this seemed like a great thing to make from stash yarn. I made no modifications, but actually knit 3 mittens. The first mitten I made using the suggested needle sizes for my large hands and undyed knitpicks fingering for the contrast color. The mitten was huge, and I considered felting it a little, but decided it would obscure the gorgeous pattern and just picked out another yarn to make it with, and some really tiny needles. The next mittens turned out to be the perfect size.

The right hand cuff was a little tight, but loosened up with blocking. The corrugated ribbing took as long to make as the whole hand, and I don't know why it went so slowly for me. The color work was fun because every line was different, and I also learned a new cast on, tubular (link to tutorial).

Aren't they just wonderful? It might even be cold enough to wear them today!

1 Comments:

  • I can't believe the needle sizes you used!!! You are truely amazing!!!! They are beautiful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home