All Yarn, All the Time

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Happy Day



Yes, it is a happy day for me. Not only did the girls go back to school today after 3 long days off due to weather, but I picked up my package from Mud River Angoras at the post office right after I dropped them off at school!

I got about a pound of natural colored merino, which I plan to dye (after I pick the brains of the Cider Moon ladies! They will be at the Merc on February 17th.) and the most interesting stuff made from corn sugars, ingeo. I have about a 1/2 pound of each color, burgundy and teal, although the teal is a very rich color more to the blue side of teal, and the burgundy is an incredibly gorgeous true burgundy which appears more purplish than in the photos. Loralee gave me a few extra ounces that she had left, which I very much appreciate!!



I tried to get a close up of the ingeo so you can see how silky it appears. I think I need to put a macro lens on my Christmas list next year! I had corresponded with Loralee from Mud River about my order, told her I was a new spinner, and she advised me to spin this from the fold as it is very slippery. I can see what she means now that I have it in hand, but I can't wait to try it. More on this as the spinning commences!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home