All Yarn, All the Time

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Weekend Fun


How delightful to have been able to get out of the house and down to the Merc to meet the Cider Moon artists! Jacki and Gail were there, with tons of their hand dyed yarns and rovings for a trunk show on Saturday, and I ended up spending a good four hours there. Jacki was spinning the whole time with an interesting mixture that Gail was carding up for her in rolags, and making a most eclectic looking spool of yarn. I'm curious to see how she plies it! Lori was also busy spinning some gorgeous stuff called Stir Fry.

I showed them my Leaf Lace shawl in progress, and bought another bag of the victoria roving to complete the project. I finished spinning and plying it before dinner on Sunday, and got about 340 yards of pretty even looking 2 ply. Each batch I spin is getting better! I also bought a small bag of blue bling (sparkle nylon) to mix with my black alpaca/silk roving, and 2 bags of Pistachio wool.

I talked with them about dying roving, since I have a pound of merino on hand that I'm planning to dye. Sounds like it's pretty similar to dyeing the yarn, you just have to be more careful not to agitate at all.

Much fun, I hope they'll come again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home