All Yarn, All the Time

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Leaf Lace Shawl

I just have to say that I'm extremely proud of myself for making this (IMO) fabulous shawl. I would like to thank the Academy, my Mom, and all of you who encouraged my spinning efforts, with a special shout out to Beth, Kay, and Vicki, and of course Evelyn A. Clark for her lovely Leaf Lace Shawl Pattern, and the girls from Cider Moon for creating this marvelous Victoria colorway in the Australian wool. I used 2 bags of wool, about 8 ounces total, and spun it up to average about sport/light worsted weight 2-ply. I knit this simple but satisfying pattern using bamboo circular needles, size 10 U.S. The beads are from Byzantium in the Short North, somewhat heavy pewter baubles. Pictures below.



Pre-Blocking


Truest color? It was snowing this morning and cloudy.



Detail of the point. If you click on them you can see any of these pictures really big.


Glamour shot of the shawl on the window, to get an idea of the size, it's fairly large.
I love it.

3 Comments:

  • Thank you for mentioning me... I am honored. But I think that next time we need to take a picture of YOU wearing this shawl. It is so beautiful and you look terrific wearing it. Thanks for joining us today.... I'm so glad to get to see this shawl up close. I love the pewter beads - they are so cute and make the shawl hang well. Congrats Girl.. we're so proud of your spinning and knitting. You are an official experienced spinner - sign up for that class you want.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:14 PM  

  • Love it, love it, love it. So proud of you as usual.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 PM  

  • I think this is my favorite FO of yours, ever! I've got mad love for this shawl! and for you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home