All Yarn, All the Time

Thursday, March 15, 2007

loop-d-loop capelet



It was like pulling teeth to get her to pose for pictures (she finally smiled!) but worth it - I love the way this turned out. I finished the knitting yesterday and grafted the hood etc today. I have enough yarn left over to make her some matching fingerless mitts.


Back with hood up, and (below) a closer detail of back showing the shoulder yarnovers.


Pattern: loop-d-loop capelet by Teva Durham
Yarn: purchased dyed wool roving spun by me into a 2 ply in January this year. 2 strands of yarn held together to make gauge.
Needles: I used my Denise size 15 U.S. because I didn't have anything else appropriate. Not a huge fan of Denise, but they certainly have their uses!
Modifications? None, except using my own yarn double-stranded. Super quick to make, easy to follow instructions, clever design, cute results. Will she wear it? Don't know yet, but she usually likes the stuff I make for her.

Sorry about the flash pictures, it's not like the sun was shining today anyway. Where the heck did spring go? It was snowing today for goodness sake!!

2 Comments:

  • How cute---the capelet and Elise.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:33 PM  

  • Julie, it's gorgeous! I can't believe you already finished it!

    I'm not worthy to knit in your presence....

    :-) Pam

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home