All Yarn, All the Time

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Pistachotis, Complete


colors above are pretty accurate. Below it is draped on a chair for scale.



Pattern: Clapotis by Kate Gilbert, available free on knitty.com
Yarn: my own spun from Cider Moon's "pistachio" colorway of Australian wool, 8 ounces.
Needles: Addi Turbo...maybe US 6 or 7. I need to start taking better notes!!
Modifications: made it a little longer than stated in the pattern. It blocked out to a really nice size.

This is a very clever design, and provided an excellent showcase for my handspun. I love the way the stripes came out, and it was a nice mindless knit. Would I do it again? Yup. Do I love the Cider Moon hand paints? Yes I do. I got a lot of compliments on this colorway in particular, and I actually bought it because I Gail had spun up a gorgeous skein of it that she had at the trunk show at the Merc. I don't think it can be spun badly (I was worried I might!), because the colors are just so great together.

4 Comments:

  • I came over from Cider Moon to see your handspun Clapotis. This shawl has been all over blogland since it came out, I've seen it in person more then once, but yours is the first one that has made me want to knit it! Gorgeous work!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:03 PM  

  • With the horizontal color stripes and the vertical dropped stitches, you got plaid! How cool is that!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 PM  

  • I came over from Cider Moon too! I really admire your Clapotis! And of course how your fiber was spun turned out wonderful for it. I bought pistachio too, but I think it may be awhile before this newbie spindle spinner gets it done. But I'll keep looking at your pic for inspiration! Terry

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 PM  

  • Julie, your Clap is painfully beautiful! Gorgeous! I'm a sucker for that color combo anyway but what a beautiful shawl. Congrats on the spinning and knitting!

    By Blogger Pinkwool, at 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home