All Yarn, All the Time

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Child labor and Atomic Lace


the first skein posing seductively in the sun.

Just a few quick pictures - I couldn't wait to share my Atomic Merino Superwash Lace. I haven't done the WPI yet, but it's quite fine enough to make a nice lace item. The Atomic merino is from Cider Moon, and is the first almost complete project on my new wheel. Almost complete, because I still have an estimated 200 yards left on the bobbins that I haven't plied yet. This is nearly 600 yards of 2 ply. I like it.



I was forced to employ child labor as I got tired of winding it on my own. She was most helpful.



This is the yarn posing with dime for perspective.


Finally, this is a little blending experiment I started on this morning, including plain purplish wool, teal ingeo, and a little sparkle fiber in random amounts. Looking forward to seeing how it spins up - I think I used a little too much bling.

4 Comments:

  • I cannot believe how great that yarn looks. That was a color Gail dyed that I was a little, um, skeptical of, :) so that shows how much I know - it is stunning. And the batt is great, too! It's really easy to overdo the sparkle fiber (that is, unless you're intentionally going for a Studio 64 disco yarn :) ). Do you the love the drum carder? I think I love it and I haven't even met it yet. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 PM  

  • There's no such thing as too much bling imho. It's luscious. The color makes my eyes so happy! The handspun will make some gorgeous lace...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 AM  

  • Yeah, what Susie said. Lol Love the bling batt.

    You know I am wanting to try spinning but I'm afraid I'd like it too much and it would be yet another thing to spend money on. Ha! My girlfriend is afraid to try guacamole for the same reason, afraid she might like the fattening stuff too much.

    Im calling Children's Services on you! Poor lil honey chained to the swift. Actually my 3yo sits mesmerized watching my swift spin around. He loves the ball winder, too.

    By Blogger Pinkwool, at 2:20 PM  

  • Not only does Miss Elise wind yarn, she can also now spin. She promised me a lesson soon. Good girl Elise

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home