All Yarn, All the Time

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Silken Goodness

see the shine of the silk?


This is a little shoulder scarf I made for my mom for Mother's Day. I gave it to her today along with a cute brown shirt from Talbot's, and I think she really likes it. It was a pleasure to knit, the silk was just luscious to touch, and I think it came out well.

Pattern: Versatile Scarves from Evelyn A. Clark, Fibertrends, the one with the 3 row eyelet
Yarn: Tilli Tomas Pure & Simple 100% Silk (a.k.a. "Butter"), Glazed Ginger colorway
Needles: US size 7 bamboo circulars

Even though the label said dry clean only, I soaked it briefly in Eucalan and blocked it out with wire. I give this pattern 2 thumbs up!

When I went over to see Mom and Dad today, I brought my wheel and gave them a little spinning demo. I think they find it funny and kinda goofy that I'm so into all the wooliness, but as always, they are very supportive. I'm such a lucky girl to have them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home