All Yarn, All the Time

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Wow

I just impressed the heck out of my newbie-spinner-self by making a 2-ply sample using beaded silk (my first spun silk!!) with a slightly fatter strand of BFL. The silk is hand dyed tussah from the amazing Abby of Franquemont Fibers. The colorway is "dandelion". Anyhoo, on to the pictures.




I'm going to say it's about fingering weight, and the color seems pretty accurate in these pictures. I'm going to have more opportunity to spin now that football has started, and I might try sampling some 2-plies of only silk with beads next. Who knows what I'll do? I certainly don't.

3 Comments:

  • You amaze me! That is absolutely beautiful! Can I put my order in now?
    Hey.. btw...I couldn't find the frog pond color yarn.. can you find out for me how to get it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 PM  

  • I just saw this on Ravelry. *Love!* :) Great pictures, too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 AM  

  • And just think---my little old ancient wheel started all this. I am SOOOOOO proud of you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home