All Yarn, All the Time

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tie Front Cardigan #6


Front of the sweater. Obvi.

The back. I think it looks funny from this angle, I had my husband take the picture.

Pattern: Tie Front Cardigan #6 by Shirley Paden from the Holiday 2006 Vogue Knitting, largest size
Yarn: Kraemer Sterling, less than 4 skeins. 63% Superwash Merino, 20% Silk, 15% Nylon & 2% REAL Silver fibers
Needles: Addi's in sizes US 4, 5, and 6.
Modifications: I didn't make the waist shaping since I don't have as much real-life waist shaping as I would like. This made the ending stitch count on the shoulder seams larger which was OK because I have broad shoulders. I think I could have made them a little bit smaller, though - the pattern said 29 and I had like 35 stitches. I also had to work with the shoulders in order to get them set in - I could have knit them at least an inch shorter on the cap.

Blocked with blocking wires, and I used the small flexible ones to shape the sleeve caps which was pretty neat. You can see them in the blocking pictures.**for some reason I can't upload my blocking pictures, but you can see them on Ravelry. It was a real pain steaming the ruffled collar, but it looked so much better after I had. It really looks much better in person, you can appreciate the "bling" in the yarn and feel the soft silky goodness.


This picture is for Lisa because she complains I'm always headless. Lisa, now do you see why I cut off my head??!!!

2 Comments:

  • As usual, beautiful work. Hope our Miss Emily is feeling better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 PM  

  • This sweater is spectacular!
    cm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home